Thursday 25 October 2012

The MDNA Tour: Paris, 14/7/2012

Okay, two more Madonna shows to write about. To be honest, I wish I could still see the show a couple of times...Not because of the show because as good as it is, I remember it all by heart by now, but to be close to and in the presence of Madonna again. It's been too long now, 2½ months! I so, so, so hope she'll continue with this tour next spring and summer...But yes, the Paris show. It was very much an out of the blue decision for me to go there, but since there were general standing tickets still left and we'd have been closeby in Brussels anyway, I just couldn't let the opportunity pass me by. My friend Tiina, who I was travelling with, was in once I presented my crazy idea to her, and not long after we were the happy owners of tickets to the concert at Stade de France.

Since we only had general standing tickets and not even Golden Circle, we decided to not queue at all. After all, we'd have no chance of getting into the Golden Triangle so we figured we'd spend all the extra time we had in Paris doing sightseeing. We arrived at Stade de France at around 6 pm and the first thing I noticed was that two people were taking pictures of their Golden Triangle wristbands...which were light blue, just like the one I had around my wrist from Copenhagen. Y-A-Y! I decided that I'd try and get into the Triangle with my old wristband. I mean what could you possibly lose? They can say no, but they can also say yes, so it's always worth a try if it means you can be closer to Madonna. Also, when we were outside the venue, there was an announcement that the show would be filmed. Y-A-Y all over again! I'm pretty certain it wasn't for the DVD release but I'll keep my fingers crossed anyway, like I always do with Madonna things.

In French...

...and in English :).
So, when we were let in, I told Tiina I'd go and see if I could talk my way into the Triangle, and she agreed to go and get us T-shirts (you don't want to know how much money I spent on tour merchandise this summer...but it was my first Madonna tour with a permanent job of my own so I had to splurge a little...okay, a lot). At first, the security guys weren't at all interested in letting me anywhere close to the stage, but then a French guy joined me, also with a light blue wristband, and together we managed to convince the security about our right to be in the Triangle, so in the end, I was in the Golden Triangle, against the main stage, with the cheapest ticket ever :D! SO LUCKY!

Guy O in the Triangle. I didn't want to lose my spot so I didn't go and talk to him this time around.

Waiting for the Queen.
There was a nice surprise in store for us, too, because once Martin Solveig had played his records for a while, he invited Will.I.Am onto the stage :D! Cool! He did maybe three songs, including I Gotta Feeling.

Martin Solveig, though you can't see him in the picture.

Will.I.Am.

Madonna started pretty late once again and was as amazing as always...



This is obviously a bad picture but I want to post it because it's the only one I have of Madonna wearing the killer version of her wedding dress.


















Rocco in the Like A Prayer choir.

I was SO close to her at times, it was madness! Rocco's face was a few centimetres away from mine during Open Your Heart. You'll HAVE to have a look at these videos, at least the Rocco ones!

Madonna and Rocco right in front of me during Open Your Heart, eeeeeeeeeeeeeee! And then some girl next to me ended up falling and ruining my filming...

This video is SO good! I'm so happy I had such a great spot for filming stuff like this! I got absolutely everything I wanted on film :D!

This is when I touched her in Sweden. This time I wanted to capture her being right there in front of me instead of trying to grab for her again.

My absolute favourite video of them all! Rocco dancing in front of the dancers during Celebration.

And that's it - it was a GREAT experience, and I didn't expect to get such an amazing spot again AT ALL! So, so lucky! Oh, and one more thing: Jean-Paul Gaultier was in the Triangle, too:



Now, just the Helsinki show left to update about...


No comments:

Post a Comment